Community Event Calendar Policy
The City of Burlington Community Event Calendar at http://www.burlington-wi.gov is a tool for the public to promote community events and activities. Events should be open to the public, community-oriented and either sponsored by a City of Burlington organization or an agency or group that is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt entity (e.g., charitable, educational, registered non-profit, governmental etc.) or non-income generating community group or individual.
Guidelines for Community Event Postings:
- Messages are designed to announce one-time or special events or programs, not regularly scheduled activities (i.e. exercise classes, etc.). No announcement may be posted which will promote a commercial interest or cause.
- Events must have a Burlington, Wisconsin address.
- Submissions will be sent to the moderator for approval or disapproval.
- Submissions will be approved and posted during normal business hours; best efforts will be made to respond within five business days of the event submission.
- The City reserves the right to delete submissions the right to refuse to post or remove announcements that are deemed offensive, inappropriate, not in the public interest or in conflict with this policy or the mission of the City of Burlington.
- Local public and private educational institutions.
- Local nonprofit organizations.
- Local service groups.
- Local social and recreational clubs.
What is NOT allowed:
- Regularly scheduled events (i.e. fitness classes, dance lessons, etc.).
- Private events, such as family reunions and birthday parties.
- Business, commercial or garage sale advertisements.
- Contain spam or advertising.
- Promotes illegal activity.
- Promotes particular services, products, or political organizations.
- Event does not take place in Burlington, Wisconsin.
- Violates any City of Burlington Policies.